10 fabulous ways you can be involved
1. Engage in online activism! Join our Facebook page and join in the conversations! Your opinions and experiences really matter!
2. Contact us with your ideas. Have you seen dieting products that look particularly harmful? Are there any more specific campaigns you would like us to run? Do you have creative ideas for fundraising or simply “spreading the word”?
3. If you are a writer, blogger or social media activist, let people know about us, our current campaigns, or raise awareness about the issues that we are working on! Our Endangered Bodies Australia Blog will be live soon so stay tuned!
4. Have you had a bad experience with the diet industry- or any of the other merchants of body shame? Share your story! It is helpful for people to know they are not alone! We will soon run a campaign to share stories, so please contact us if you have a story to share!
5. If you work in an industry that contributes to our culture of body shame- particularly the dieting, advertising, beauty and fashion industry- you can be a real change agent! We encourage you to contact us to discuss this further.
6. If you have a special skill set, anything from digital media to photography - we could use your help! Contact us if you would like to help, or simply send us a pitch!
7. We advertise internships from time to time - this might interest you if you are a student of marketing, social work, journalism, communication or public relations. Use our sign up page to stay in touch!
8. You may consider volunteering for us.
9. Perhaps your body-positive organisation would like to join us as a collaborator? Please get in touch!
10. Sign up to hear about our future events or intern positions, we look forward to meeting you soon!